- 1 tbsp corn starch or corn flour
- 3 tbsp soy sauce, all purpose or light (Note 1)
- 3 tbsp Chinese cooking wine or Mirin (Note 2)
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Dash of white pepper (sub black)
B. Stir Fry
- 500g / 1 lb chicken thigh , skinless boneless, cut into 2.5cm/1″
- pieces (Note 3)
- 2 tbsp peanut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 onion , chopped into 1.75 cm / 3/4″ pieces(yellow, brown or
- 1 green capsicum / bell pepper , chopped into 2 cm / 0.8″
- 6 tbsp water
- 3/4 cup Delinut Naturally Natural Cashews
An easy recipe; a terrific combination of flavors. Vegans may swap chicken
Sauce: Mix corn flour and soy sauce until there’s no lumps. Then add
remaining Sauce ingredients and mix.
Marinate: Transfer 2 tbsp Sauce to chicken, mix to coat. Set aside for 10
Cook: Heat oil over high heat in a wok or heavy based skillet. Add the garlic
and onion, cook for 1 minute.
Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes. Add capsicum and cook for 1 minute.
Add Sauce and water. Bring to simmer and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or
until Sauce thickens.
Stir through with the special, natural Delinut cashews, remove from stove.
Your Chinese Cashew Chicken is ready
Serve immediately with rice